How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am unhappy with my current Trust company, knowing that I

This answer was rated:

I am unhappy with my current Trust company, knowing that I cannot change the Trust itself, what type qualifications would I look for in order to fire the current Trust company and hire another?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Let's first address the terms of the trust so I can offer an accurate answer to your question.

Are you the creator of the trust or a beneficiary?

In what respects are you unhappy with the company administering the trust?

Let me know the above and I will get right back with you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

beneficiary, they are very poor at communication with me and my special needs brother and daughter...I think that they might even be glad if we changed.

Okay. And in the trust, are they named specifically as the trustee / administrator, or is there another trustee that has hired them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


If you have reasons to be unhappy with the administration of the trust, you can file a motion with the probate court to have them replaced as trustee. You would simply list the reasons for your request in the motion.

Ultimately, whether they are replaced is up to the judge. But if they truly don't want to serve as trustee any longer, they very well may agree to step aside and allow another trustee to be appointed. The court would certainly allow that.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in the event of the court allowing them to be replaced, I would like my Financial Advisory Firm to become the new Trustee/Administrator, is that possible?

The court will certainly entertain suggestions as to their replacement. As long as they are a reputable company, the court should have no issue with naming them as your trustee.
Nate and 5 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you