How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9394
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What steps should I follow in setting a will where the government

This answer was rated:

What steps should I follow in setting a will where the government gets the least amount of money?
Pennsylvania has no Estate tax, but has a rather complex inheritance tax, see

There is no "one size fits all" answer to your question. The answer will depend on the size and contents of the estate and the identities of the heirs and their relationships to the person who left a Will.

Sometimes a living trust is better than a will and often non-probate transfers are appropriate, such as placing property into joint tenancy with right of survivorship and placing transfer on death instructions onto bank and other financial accounts.

You can get a free consultation from some of the estate planning attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney who can go over your finances and family relationships with you in confidence. This forum is not private and that kind of information is sensitive and usually kept confidential.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 3 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating!