How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do you go when a court appointed estate administrator

This answer was rated:

Where do you go when a court appointed estate administrator (lawyer) favors one sibling and is dishonest with others? Has spent and disperesed more than $300,000.00 cash and has needlessly mortaged another $150.000.00 against estate property to one sibling while refusing to allow others to invest at this high return. Contracts with a contractor who submited the higest rates, and no estimate of total cost, etc.

I have been told by 2 experinced and respected lawyers that the relationship between this Judge and this lawyer makes any complaints futile. So what to do with this corruption?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there is a claim about breach of fiduciary duty of the administrator or possibly ethical violations, then you can seek to file a complaint with the NY Appellate Division office of disciplinary counsel, which handles complaints against attorneys who are acting improperly.

The only other recourse you would have would be that you could hire another attorney to file a motion to remove and prove he is breaching his fiduciary duty or you could if he has committed malpractice sue the attorney for the breach of fiduciary duty and malpractice.

These are your legal options.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your input, but is a court appointed attorney administrator imune from prosecution? Sorry for the delay in responding, I don't live with my computer and my cell phone couldn't handle it.

Thank you for your response.

No, an attorney court appointed or not is not immune if they have breached their fiduciary duty or have committed malpractice.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you