How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10253
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Dad has recently dies and he named me as personal rep. in

This answer was rated:

My Dad has recently dies and he named me as personal rep. in the will. The only thing of value that he had was a car that was in his name only and valued at ~5000.00. His will states that things are to be split between my sister and I, brother also but he has since passed since the will was signed several years ago.
Will I have to go to through probate because of the car??
How can I resolve these matters the easiest way?
Thank you..

LegalGems :

Hi; My goal is to provide you with great service - if you have any questions during our chat, please ask! I'll do my best to ensure your satisfaction! I am sorry to hear of your loss. Since the estate is worth $5000 there is generally a simplified process. I will look into this and get back to you shortly.



LegalGems :

Were you not able to see my prior post with the necessary form attached?

LegalGems :

Let me copy and paste it here.

LegalGems :

Thanks for your patience. Here is the form you will need: You will need to fill it out and get a statement from the court that there is no probate proceeding.

LegalGems and 5 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you