Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I have requested my lump sum pension check and it will be mailed

to me on November 1...
I have requested my lump sum pension check and it will be mailed to me on November 1. The check will be rolled over into an IRA and will be made out to the financial institution FBO myself. If I die between now and then, will my executor be able to deposit the check on behalf of my estate
9/26/2013
Infolawyer, Attorney

Daniel :

Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.

Daniel :

The executor will do so

Daniel :

the executor would have to open an estate account

Daniel :

and deposit it there

Daniel :

with the proceed passing to your heirs as you have directed in your will or trust.

Daniel :

I wish you the best.

Daniel :

Is the answer acceptable or may I clarify anything?

Customer:

The check will be made out to the financial institution. My estate is the beneficiary.d c Could it be deposited to my account or a different account at the same institutionn

Daniel :

The payee is you or the institution?

Daniel :

If you, the executor can deposit it into your estate account

Daniel :

if the bank for your benefit, the bank should do the same, but may want to wait for a court order directing that to happen, which simply means a brief delay

Daniel :

I wish you the best.

Daniel :

Is the answer acceptable?

Customer:

Answer is acceptable

Daniel :

thank you.

Daniel :

Have a nice evening

Daniel :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney