How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  Part of the 'Save the Dream
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My domestic partner just passed away and left everything to

This answer was rated:

My domestic partner just passed away and left everything to me in his will. His adult children want to take his car from me and had a lawyer send me a letter demanding a copy of the will. The only thing he owned was his car.
Am I required to respond to this lawyer? The will was notorized.
PLease help.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Ultimately to save legal expense you should provide a copy of the Will. If the Will was not properly executed then it is likely the Children may have some claim to the vehicle. If the Will was properly executed then you have little or nothing to worry about.


Upon seeing the Will the children's attorney may simply advise the Children they have no claim to the vehicle.


Simply failing to provide the Will will just cause the children's lawyer to take legal action to obtain the Will. The attorney will assume no will exists and therefore the children have a claim to the car.


If you found this answer informative please ACCEPT the answer with the appropriate rating 3 or higher so I may get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask

Jack R. and 5 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you