Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

hi, my problem is a complex one, i live in st. charles mo,

i lost both of my...
hi, my problem is a complex one, i live in st. charles mo, i lost both of my parents last year and i am the per rep for thier estate. in short, when i called thier mtg co in dec i was told the p/o was one amt, this way i knew how much i needed to cover thier debts, i sold the house and when i called back in apr the amt was raised 10,089.99. they couldn't answer as to way, they sent me a bunch of papers that do not match the originals i have found. my dad was a veterern who served in active duty in the korean war and yet they gave him an adjustable rate loan at int rates between 11.59 and 17.59, one month thier paymt was 366.oo and the next it was 759.00. the loan papers had no loan # XXXXX them @ signing, the loan changed co's several times under an umbrella co, somewhere along the line the ss#'s were changed, my mom tryed to find answers but finally just ignored her. i was told the 10,089.99 was put on the back of the loan and yet they can't prove why. this est barely has the money to pay the debts so all the lawyers i have talked to don't want to take the case, inc the estate lawyer i have. i worked in mtg banking for 20 years and even though i'm not an expert in this area i do know how to read loan papers. they will no longer talk to me and are now threatening to f/c on me even though the eatate is still in probate. is there any way you can help me before i loose my own house?
9/21/2013
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Unfortunately, the attorneys on the site would not be able to personally represent you. I would be happy to review the loan documents if you attach them.

thanks but there are too many. is it possible to do a quick claim to the buyer, he can pay me the extra and than he can fight with the mtg co

Will the buyer accept the property with a mortgage lien?

i don't know, with all the trouble i have had i'm lucky he is still wiling to buy it. i didn't know it is legle to ask him. they are trying to make me put the house in my name so they can hold me responsible for the debt. i have been argueing with them since april and now they will no longer take my calls. if i could get a r.e.lawyer who would work with me on payments it would be great but i can't find one.

I can understand why you would not want the loan in your name. They should be able to provide you with consistent and accurate payoff information.

Due to the possibility of predatory lending in this situation you may wish to file complaints for investigation of the lender.

The Missouri Attorney General is tasked with consumer protection for the citizens of the state. You may wish to file a complaint for an investigation at

http://ago.mo.gov/consumercomplaint.htm

And the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency through the U.S. Treasury Department at

http://www.occ.gov/topics/dispute-resolution/consumer-complaints/index-consumer-complaints.html

You may also wish to file a complaint for an investigation with the FTC at

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

You would be able to transfer title with the quit claim.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Thank you.
Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney