Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

interested in filing the muniment of title, thanks

9/13/2013
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.

It is possible here to file your application for probate of will as muiment of title, proof death, and order.You would prepare all of these leaving the case number XXXXX and file at once.Most probate courts in Texas want to see the proof of death and order ahead of time so filing it as one makes the most sense.You will also need to do this in person bringing in the original will separately and the clerk files all here.

Once the notice is posted you can go on the probate courts non contested days and it is usually first come first serve and there will be a sign in list.Overall if you are pro se it is good that you let a few folks ahead of you so you can watch the proceedings for a bit.Each case is called, you are sworn in and court goes over your application and proof of death facts and hopefully amits will and signs order.

Here are the forms to use for this in Texas, the application, proof of death, and order.

You may also choose to use a lawyer although it is not legally required.You can locate a probate /estate lawyer here.

http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

I appreciate the chance to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Here is more information about using a muniment of title here in Texas.

http://bradie-law.com/practice-areas/probate-law/probate-as-muniment-of-title/

It is used in situations where there is a will and a property and no debts or other assets and only a change of title is needed.

Thanks again for letting me help you .

More reference for you here for forms..

http://texasprobate.net/forms/

Again the application for muniment, proof of death, and order.You are also going to need a death certificate as well to file in probate file here.

Thanks again for letting me provide you the information you asked for today and good luck to you..

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney