How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118772
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We can not gain access to the account due to lack of cooperation

This answer was rated:

We can not gain access to the account due to lack of cooperation from her mother, the IRS is looking for information that she has but will not give to us. The only way my wife found out about this is through a letter from the IRS looking for taxes on all the money her mother withdrew 2 years ago. How do we go about proving the illegal activity. My wife was/is still considered a "minor" on the account at the time of the withdraw. We cant get any information. What do we do?
Thank you for your new question.

You are going to have to get an attorney and file suit against the mother I am afraid where the attorney will serve the mother with court orders to produce the information and you are also going to have to file a complaint for theft against her mom with the prosecutor and those would be the two ways to get at her mom and also get to the truth as to the withdrawal of the money and if they find it was improperly taken from the trust, then they will pursue her and so will the IRS and your wife can then seek to recover from the mom in the civil suit.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you