How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 57323
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can I sue my extennent for dameges to my home after it burnt

This answer was rated:

can I sue my extennent for dameges to my home after it burnt while they were still living there,
Hello and thank you for the question. You have every right to sue that ex tenant for damages, costs, interest and legal fees.

To prevail you would have to show that the ex tenant due to intentional, reckless or negligent conduct caused the incident.

If there was an official investigation and finding that would be helpful.

Any summary and itemization of losses and costs would help establish damages.

Often such a claim would be pursued by counsel locally on contingency fee basis.

Wishing you best of luck.
Infolawyer and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you