How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27586
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it true that only a relative or someone that lives in Florida

This answer was rated:

Is it true that only a relative or someone that lives in Florida can be your executor in a Florida will?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Anyone who is a resident of Florida can be the executor. Any non-Florida Personal Representative must be a blood relative or married to your blood relative. Out-of-state banks and out-of-state trust companies cannot serve as a Personal Representative (they must be a Florida Corporation N.A., or a Federal Savings Bank). Moreover, a person is not qualified to act as a personal representative if the person has been convicted of a felony, is under the age of 18 years, or is mentally or physically unable to perform the duties. A nonresident cannot qualify as a personal representative unless that person is a blood relative of the decedent, a legally adopted child or adoptive parent of the decedent, or the spouse of a blood relative, as stated above.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CriminalDefense and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions