How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in a manufactured home owned by my family trust. i have

This answer was rated:

i live in a manufactured home owned by my family trust. i have lived here since may 2005 and have paid the space rent taxes and insurance. my 92year old father want me to move out so he can live there. do i have any legal recourse to prevent my having to move out. would a quiet title apply? i don't want to move.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for using JA! I'll be glad to assist you.

A quiet title action would not apply because you don't own the property - - so you couldn't seek to quiet title. However, there may be a right for you to remain there IF you are a beneficiary of the trust.

In that event - - UNLESS there are special provisions in the trust that apply to the home - - you would have the same right as any other beneficiary to live in the house. HOWEVER, any other beneficiary would also have the same rights. Thus, it may be that you and your father (if he's a beneficiary as well) have the same right to live there - - meaning that he couldn't make you move out, but you couldn't stop him from moving in either. So, you both could end up living there.

Thus, your rights depend on whether you're a beneficiary and whether your dad is. But, if you're a beneficiary, you can't be kicked out, but your father may also have the right to move in.
Roger and 4 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you