How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  30+ years in private practice handling estate matters; Law professor; Mediator.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a probate matter under appeal, and the trial court heard

This answer was rated:

I have a probate matter under appeal, and the trial court heard a motion on penalties. The estate attorney claimed he did not get complete answers. I went to court, and the trial judge did not find any penalties, however, he asked for my income tax return, and additional account copies of IRA's.
The estate attorney claimed a new deed should be obtained which takes my house out of the truast because the deed previous to the trust deed, was fraudulent due to undue influence, which is under appeal.I believe Rule 2:9-1, prevents the c
trial court from doing this, as well as breaking my trust.
What is the law that permits the trial court these collection rights prior to appeal?

Hi and welcome,


Have your attorney make an application by Order to Show Cause (that way it's decided quickly) to stay (stop) any action until the appeal is decided.


Remember this is not legal advice. You must consult a NJ attorney.


Please accept my answer and rate it 3,4 or 5 so I can get credit for my assistance.



Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the stay was denied, as no bond has been posted.I am prose, and it appears the estate attorneys are permitted to attempt collection by redeeding the property and leaving it outside the trust. There is no

remedy unless a trust violation has occurred. Is there a trust violation?

I searched the NJ statutes for that section and the site indicated it couldn't find it. I will opt out and perhaps a NJ attorney can help pinpoint the issue. Sorry I couldn't help.



rvlaw and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.