Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Can the ex-spouse of a Grandson take on the responsibility

of paying the property taxes...
Can the ex-spouse of a Grandson take on the responsibility of paying the property taxes over the children of the decease and their heirs in Louisiana and the family never
notified that the taxes notices were being sent to the ex-spouse of the deceased husband and other siblings
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2013
Infolawyer, Attorney

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.

INFOLAWYER :

Anyone can pay the tax

INFOLAWYER :

but that does not convey ownership rights

INFOLAWYER :

notices should be sent to the title holder of the property

INFOLAWYER :

Typically such notice would pass to the children unless the deceased declared otherwise by will or deed

INFOLAWYER :

Is that clear?

Customer:

Well, I know for a fact that my Grandmother did not want her property in the hands of her Great-Granddaughter who is the daughter of my brother and his ex-spouse.There was bitterness between my Dad and his brother who were the only two children by my Grandmother. This is Commercial Property with a billboard sign on it that I have no idea who is collecting the lease on. This is just flat wrong and I may have to visit the Tax Assessor's Office to get a first hand look at ownership of the

INFOLAWYER :

It is entirely wrong

INFOLAWYER :

no reason for it to reach her

INFOLAWYER :

and beginning with the assessor's office is correct

INFOLAWYER :

you also want to make sure the deed is not wrongly or fraudulently been transferred

INFOLAWYER :

in contravention of his last will or otherwise

INFOLAWYER :

Is the answer clear and acceptable?

INFOLAWYER :

awaiting your reply

Customer:

Yes, Sir and thank you very much.

INFOLAWYER :

Very welcome

INFOLAWYER :

enjoy the weekend

INFOLAWYER :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney