How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 55716
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Moved from Pa to Fl, and have our wills and POAs from Pa.

This answer was rated:

Moved from Pa to Fl, and have our wills and POA's from Pa. Do we need to "Floridize" these documents, and if so how much would we expect to be charged?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. Under the U.S. full faith and credit laws, Florida will accept and honor documents prepared under PA law. So, you won't need to prepare new documents. Each state, however, has its own nuances, and when you move it would be a good idea to have your documents reviewed by a Florida lawyer to determine if your documents would benefit from any minor changes to take full advantage of any nuances in Florida law. A review of your documents should not should not take an attorney more than an hour or two to look things over.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We went to a fl attorney and he stated there is a new fl law concerning POA. He wants $900.00 to perform this service. ??
I would not pay that. There were some changes in the Florida law in 2011. But, these forms are pretty standard and do not need to be customized for each user; you can download these forms from the internet ... such as or for a nominal amount of money.
Richard and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: