Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I was asked to serve as executor for a member at the church

where I preach. This is...
I was asked to serve as executor for a member at the church where I preach. This is in California. 11 years ago, the decedent and his wife left my church upset. They changed their will/trust, but did not get it notarized. Now, the decedents spouse is asking me for a letter of resignation. I have no interest in this matter, and I asked for direction for her attorney. She says it will cost money to have him send me a letter. I need to know what I need to say in this letter of resignation. Thank you.
7/18/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In your notarized affidavit of resignation as executor, you simply state your name, that you are of sound mind and body and of the age of majority. You state you were named as executor of the will and trust of the name of the deceased and that because of personal reasons you are unable or unwilling to perform the duties of executor and/or trustee and thereby resign. You sign it in front of a notary, they notarize it and you send the original to her attorney.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney