How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33739
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my step-mother destroyed my das will and is now going for

This answer was rated:

my step-mother destroyed my da's will and is now going for a childs portion?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification

JD 1992 :

How do you know she destroyed it?

JD 1992 :

Also, do you have a copy?

JD 1992 :

Do you know who prepared the will for him?

JD 1992 :

It looks like the Chat may be having a problem so I'm going to switch this to a regular Q and A.

Dwayne B. and 6 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she has retained a lawyer and not the one dad used,and is filing without a will

You can file for probate with a copy of a will if the original one has been lost or destroyed. Have you checked with the lawyer your dad used to see if he has a copy?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we don't have a copy or knows who did it for him

Do you know who he used for a lawyer in the past? Also, how do you know she destroyed the will?