RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

at what age is a senior too old to sell thier estate?

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening to you.I am a Texas lawyer and will be assisting you here.

RayAnswers :

There is no age limit here in Texas.Any adult with their mental faculties can sell their properties.They are presumed to have the mental capacity to do so.

RayAnswers :

As long as there is not a guardianship in place the senior is an adult and can carry out such a sale and transaction here under Texas law.

RayAnswers :

In Texas here, the requirements of capacity indicate that the competent testator must have the ability to comprehend, know, or recall, but not the actual comprehension, knowledge, or memory. I A testator for instance--that's the person making a will should be able "to collect in mind the elements of the business to be transacted and to form a reasonable judgment about it" (Flores, 76 S.W.3d at 630; Bracewell, 20S.W. 3d at 19).

RayAnswers :

Overall a real estate transaction would presume the person has their normal mental faculties that allow them to understand what they are doing and what they are signing.

RayAnswers :

This is similar to a situation where they would do a will and their mental capacity woudl be an issue later on.

RayAnswers :

Their is no age limit my 96 year old aunt recently sold her house to go live with a relative and signed the necessary sale papers.She understood what she was doing and what the outcome would be.

RayAnswers :

It has been my pleasure to help you.Please if you have more chat just ask.Thanks again.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.