How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 57373
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a trustee of trust have his share attached to settle a

This answer was rated:

Can a trustee of trust have his share attached to settle a debt-foreclosure/bankruptcy?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. The trust as a general rule cannot be reached by creditors where it irrevocable. If it is revocable and can be changed, then the share can be attached. This though requires special proceeding and court order allowing and directing such levy.
Infolawyer and 3 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you