How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7415
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a car that is the only thing left after my father died.

This answer was rated:

I have a car that is the only thing left after my father died. Would like to give the car to my brother. The car is paid for and I have the title. What do I need to do to get the title transferred?

Hello, and thanks for submitting this question. Wyoming, like many states has special proceedings for transferring assets to heirs when estates are small. One of them is transfer by affidavit. See: (scroll down to Article 2 - Affidavit). You might be able to find the form on line for a small fee at either Rocket Lawyer or USLegal. Lawyers who do estate work will have the format that you can use, Charges for this work vary a great deal. Also check with your state motor vehicle bureau to see if they have one. There isn't any on line. All in all, it should not be difficult or expensive to get what you want to do done.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Irwin Law and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you