How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116789
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an only child and my mother (widow) is leaving everything

This answer was rated:

I am an only child and my mother (widow) is leaving everything she has to me, and if I die then it gets split between my two children. Can you please check her will before she signs it to make sure it's legal...I have uploaded to a page it to this link and I just would like you to proof pages 1-2. Thank you.!contact/c3kh
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid we cannot get the document to open to review it. Can you put it on a different site or get us a different link for us to be able to open it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your response.

The will you have here is a valid will, but I would make a couple of suggestions. First, I would suggest that in addition to you stating that no bond is required, you should also state no annual accounting would be required by the executor.

Second I would also put in at the end a "No contest clause" which states that "any party who shall bring challenge to this last will and testament shall be forever barred from benefitting from this estate."

These two clauses are merely preference, but they can help eliminate any potential issues later.

The will needs to be signed in the presence of two independent witnesses and a notary to comply with the Self-proving will provisions in FL Statutes Section 732.503.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions