How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10259
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get a copy of my Grandparents Will and Audit of Deceased

Customer Question

I need to get a copy of my Grandparents Will and Audit of Deceased Dads Property Sold, need an Accounting. Also I was named in My Uncles Mikes Will and would like to get a copy too. Believe my siblings and I were ripped Aunt is Trustor of both and my Grandparents still have a Trust. My Aunt and Uncles are Millionaires+
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 4 years ago.

LegalGems :

Hi; My goal is to provide you with great service - if you have any questions during our chat, please ask! I'll do my best to ensure your satisfaction!

LegalGems :

If you need a will of a deceased person, you can go to the court house in the county in which they resided prior to their death. A will is a public record so you can access this via the court clerk.

LegalGems :

If it is a trust and you are an heir (either by virtue of the trust; or by blood relations) you are entitled to a copy of the trust - at least that portion that affects you.

LegalGems :

The trustee is required to provide an accounting to the heirs.

LegalGems :

You can bring a motion to compel an accounting if the trustee fails to provide this for you.

LegalGems :

If you suspect that the trustee is in breach of his/her fiduciary duties, you can bring a lawsuit requesting her removal. The trustee is personally liable for any damages caused by said breach.

LegalGems :

Here is a link to the state bar association.

LegalGems :

It would be a good idea to meet with an estate litigation attorney so you can discuss your concerns.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JA/Pearl! I hope you found my services helpful, as this is important to me.

If you need further assistance, please put TO LEGAL GEMS in front of the question and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My career position is an attorney; my hobby is a researcher. Fortunately these compliment each other! I hope that means you received great service - and I enjoyed providing it!!

Thank you for rating my answer as this is how I receive compensation for assisting you. I hope JA/Pearl and myself has met your needs and provided you general legal information for you to use in the future. Thank You!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how much will it cost to request a copy of the will and trust and ask for an accounting. I live in Ca, The trustee will give copies to An Attorney, but not me! Ssshe has ripped off my family....I need an Attorney!!!!




Expert:  LegalGems replied 4 years ago.
That is incredible. I am sorry to hear of this. If the attorney prepares a basic demand letter, it can be around $150-200. Generally legal fees are $250-350; but some online attorneys will handle it for a fixed fee. I cannot recommend an attorney as that is against the rules of this site, but that link I gave you earlier is to the state bar and you can find an attorney.

I am sorry she is being so uncooperative. This must be very difficult.

Please don't forget to rate my answer if you have been satisfied with my services, as this is how I receive compensation from the website for assisting you. Thank you.