Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

How do I hide assets in a safe deposit box

7/2/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you get a safe deposit box at a bank, they have a record of who owns each box, but they know nothing more about what is in that box. You can put whatever you like in the box and nobody would ever know what it is. However, if the government ever went looking for your assets, because the box is in your name and social security number they would eventually locate the box.

However, there are some safe deposit box centers, typically under the names like "Security Center" or other such names, where you are able to get a safe deposit box that is completely anonymous based on an anonymous number identifier that identifies you as the owner, but they do not use your SSN. These boxes generally cannot be traced and nobody knows what you put in them.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney