How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7305
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a Texas statute or Prop Code or written regulation

This answer was rated:

Is there a Texas statute or Prop Code or written regulation for the use of a general proxy? I know it's in use for 11 months. My specific question is I don't think a signed proxy allows a board to do whatever they want with it. I believe there must be some regulation so that boards don't get a proxy and use it to put in a swimming pool, a park, etc.

Question: I am looking for a Texas Property Code or BOC that governs options of a proxy. I am not looking for an opinion.
Hello. Are you speaking of a corporation (non-profit or for-profit) or an entity with its own bylaws and regulations like a homeowners association?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, this is a non-profit, HOA/POA, with bylaws & declaration

I presume that the proxy is between a member and the Board as opposed to from a board member to another board member, where the laws are different. There are no statutory limits on proxy voting. It is governed by the organizations bylaws etc... Unless there are specific restrictions in the bylaws or CCRs, proxies are unlimited and can be used for any motions which come before the board while it is in force. If there is a question about authority, is always wise to specify and limit what votes the proxy is being given for.
I hope this Answer is helpful and that you will give it a positive rating. If you have any follow up questions please send back a Reply. You should consult a local attorney to verify that this information is accurate for your state. Thank you for using Just Answer. We appreciate your business.
Irwin Law and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you