How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42303
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son made it clear that if anything happened, he would give

This answer was rated:

My son made it clear that if anything happened, he would give up the house to his girlfriend and their son. I want to keep the house in the family and I would like to know the pros and cons, or if legal, if I changed my will just to my grandson. I want to know if it's okay to leave my home to my grandson which is two months old. I would like to know the pros and the cons and what you think about this idea.

Thanks for your question and good morning.You can leave it to your grandson in your will in trust.You would need to name someone as trustee of the property for the benefit of your grandson.You should consider a local lawyer to set this up properly within the will.This is certainly possible.Again you will need to name someone here say the son or someone else you trust as executor and trustee int he will.

The lawyer would prepare this will to make sure your last wishes are carried out to keep the property in the family and pass it to the grandson.Certainly it is possible to do so here with some estate planning.You seem to have thought this out very carefully.I do not see any cons here assuming you name a trustee for the property within your will until the grandson is of age.The property can then pass to him directly.

You can locate an estate planning lawyer here through your state bar lawyer referral

Lawyer Referral Service‎ 1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/h3>

It has been my pleasure to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.


I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you