How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27296
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am caring for my elderly uncle.He raised me from a child.I

This answer was rated:

I am caring for my elderly uncle.He raised me from a child.I am his caregiver.If he passes can his children legally put me out of his home.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your concern. Does your Uncle have a will made up at this time? If so, do you know if he included you in it and the home in which you reside in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He does and he listed me as one of the children and left me this particular house.


Thank you for the additional information. If your uncle listed you in the will and left you this specific home, it is something which you legally should be entitled to. It should pass to you upon his death and unless there is a legal basis and/or legal right to remove you, his children should not be able to, as you are the intended beneficiary. The children could always try and contest the will but there would have to be a legal basis to support their cause of action.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provide
CriminalDefense and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you