How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6516
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am the trustee of an irrevocable trust for my daughter.

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am the trustee of an irrevocable trust for my daughter. May I make a gift of money to this trust eventhough I am the trustee? Thanks


Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.


Yes, absolutely. There's no reason that a third party (i.e., not your daughter) cannot make a gift of additional assets to the trust. It is irrelevant that you are the currently serving trustee.


Great! Thank you

Thomas McJD and 5 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you