Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

Does one coexecutor take precedence over another if one lives

Does one coexecutor take precedence over another if one lives out of state and the other lived with the decedent?
Hello, my name is Ely. Welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice and (2) tthere may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. According to Georgia Code Title 53, there is no specific precedence automatically granted to one executor over another if one is in the jurisdiction of probate, and the other is not.

However, if the two are not getting along and have vying opinions, either may file in Court to have the Judge rule on the matter, or in extreme cases either retire one executor's position or at the very least make one's position superior and allow them to have the final say. The matter is on a case by case basis, however, and is up to the Judge. The onus is on one (or both) of the executors to file.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)