How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7355
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If your wife dies no well whos gets asseats

This answer was rated:

If your wife dies no well who's gets asseats

Hello and thanks for contacting Just Answer with your question.


In the State of Florida, when a person dies without a will their assets pass by statute - state law. Here is a general rule of inheritance by a surviving spouse:


  • A surviving spouse of the decedent receives the entire estate if the
    decedent has no surviving lineal descendants (children, grandchildren,
    great-grandchildren, etc).
  • A surviving spouse of the decedent will also receive the entire estate if
    the decedent had descendants that are also descendants of the surviving spouse
    and neither the decedent nor the surviving spouse had any other

  • If the decedent is survived by both a spouse and lineal descendants and any
    of the lineal descendants is not also a descendant of the spouse, then the
    spouse is entitled to one half of the estate, and the descendants share the
    balance, per stirpes.

    I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.

    Hello again from Pearl-Just Answer. I see that you read my Answer, but have not rated it. If you need further explanation or more information, please send a Reply to this. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive compensation. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer.
    Irwin Law and 6 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you