How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41503
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

ailing elderly couple. children took wife and husband is afraid

This answer was rated:

ailing elderly couple. children took wife and husband is afraid of them. house in her name. some of their money is missing out of their account. he is suspicious her name was forgered. doesn't know where wife is. concerned daughter in law. what does daughter in law do. son in law is mentally disabled.

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.Can you tell me where husband located here, do you know where the children reside----what city, state??Some more information here so that I may assist you ..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

elderly husband resides in Loomis calif. children reside in Granite Bay calif.

Thanks for your question and information here.He or you should report this as possible Elder Abuse and exploitation.You have valid concerns for her safety here.Each county has their own office .You can have this investigated.They will involve law enforcement as it is possible she is being exploited or held somewhere against her will.

Placer County(Grantie Bay)

(530)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/div>
(916)(NNN) NNN-NNNNfax
24 Hr. Abuse Hotline
(888)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/div>

I would use the hotline since there are two counties involved.You can report it anonymously or give them you name, that's your call but either way that information is confidential from others.They will work with him here to locate her, verify her condition and locations ,etc.Law enforcement would also be involved since it is possible there is criminal violations as well.

I appreciate the chance to help here.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.I am so sorry that he is having to go through all of this.


I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.



This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.



RayAnswers and 4 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Here is a second reference forgive me if some of this is duplicitous.

I wish you the best and hope she can be located and they can be reunited here as well.