Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Recently started a refinance with a national bank.. Immediately

Recently started a refinance with...
Recently started a refinance with a national bank..
Immediately after locking in 3.5... 30 year rate..
On May 7 appraisal was ordered..credit card number taken
On approximately May 15 loan officer again asked for Card # XXXXX appraisal could be ordered
on May 22 she claimed there was some mix up and now appraisal was ordered
On May 28th she again asked for card
and assure me again appraisal ordered
My concern is that this is a stall tactic
to not honor loan rate lock..rates have spiked to 4.1%
What to do?
5/29/2013
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

I believe that you are correct about the stalling tactic. Go to her supervisor and report what has been going on. Insist that your lock be extended for 21 days. Other than that, there's not much you can do other than file a complaint with FDIC. See: http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/questions/consumer/complaint.html

(note: I don't know what this refers to: TMcJD paid by Pay Pal $30 but has not appeared on my Credit Card nor e-mail.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney