How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Elder Your Own Question
John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
John Elder is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a beneficiary of a trust, how do I go about getting the

This answer was rated:

As a beneficiary of a trust, how do I go about getting the court system to review the actions of a trustee who has taken trust funds with no explanation of what they are for? I know trustee has taken in excess of $60k. I have written and sent him a letter requesting a full accounting which has been ignored.

Welcome! Thank you for your question.


A beneficiary of the trust would need to file a proceeding in Oregon Circuit Court for Breach of Trust and Fiduciary Duty against the Trustee. This will require a formal civil complaint alleging the actions that the trustee has taken to breach the duty of the trustee to the beneficiaries of the trust. This complaint can only be filed by a beneficiary of the trust. The court will then have the authority to review the actions of the trustee and determine if they are a breach of the trustee's duty. These are highly complex civil litigation cases so it is recommended that you hire an experienced Estate litigation attorney to prepare and file the action on behalf of the beneficiary. You can find an estate litigation attorney in the area at



I cannot provide you with legal advise. I can provide you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you can find online, should not take the place of having a detailed consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.


Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you feel there is something more I could have done please do not rate me and click REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,


John Elder and 3 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you