How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 51 yr. old son. I do not want him to take care of

This answer was rated:

I have a 51 yr. old son. I do not want him to take care of the distribution of my personal belonging after I die. I want to appoint my sister to take care of the distribution of my personal belongings. What do I have to do to make this possible?
You can write a Will that appoints your sister as Executrix, see
for an Illinois Will form that can be adapted to your situation.

You may also want to consider signing an advance directive (living will) so she will be the one to make health care decisions for you if you become incapacitated. See for a very simple example of a living will.

There are other documents that you could use for the same purpose, such as a durable power of attorney for health care, see has more information, and links to samples of other similar forms.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Illinois estate planning attorneys listed by location at

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer.