How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 57738
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father would like to contest his fathers will upon his

This answer was rated:

My father would like to contest his father's will upon his death. My grandfather disowned my father after my grandmother died. My grandmother had informed my dad that he would get the $60,000 from a property sale in the inheritance, but since she passed first and my grandfather disowned him, does my father have any legal claim to the $60,000 still owned him?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. He would only be able to inherit by will unless he is named on deed or on an insurance policy.
Challenging a will is difficult. Court will only permit it in limited situations.

Showing of fraud, duress or error in signing of will is needed. Such challenge needs proof to avoid dismissal. Having local counsel involved is helpful.

That can lead to settlement with the estate which may want to avoid cost and litigation. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you