How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my brother, a MN rsident, committed suicide in ND, where

This answer was rated:

If my brother, a MN rsident, committed suicide in ND, where dowe file probate?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question, but I certainly am sorry for your loss.

As for the question, you would probate your brother's estate in the county and state of his residence. So if he was a resident of Minnesota, that would be the proper place to open his estate. The location where the death occurred isn't relevant.

Roger and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you