Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My grandmother passed away and my uncle, aunt and me and my

2 siblings were put on...
My grandmother passed away and my uncle, aunt and me and my 2 siblings were put on some accounts as pod.....my uncle will not tell us how much is in the accounts but I think they aare pulling money out of account but not telling us...can I go to bank and inquire about these accounts? I live in Texas and my fathet was killed that is why we are a beneficiary.
4/1/2013
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Yes, if you are listed as a beneficiary on a POD account, then upon the decedent's death, you and any other beneficiaries would have instantly become the owner of the account and anything in it.
.
The problem is that if there are more than one beneficiary listed on the POD account, then it is essentially a joint account and any of the owners would be able to access it and withdraw money. But as an owner, you can get a copy of any withdrawals from the bank to see if they are taking the money out.
.
Just make sure you have legal ID to prove your indentity so they will release that infomation to you.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.
Barrister, Attorney
Barrister, Attorney