How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  Part of the 'Save the Dream
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My deceased father own land in Florida. He died 8 years ago.

This answer was rated:

My deceased father own land in Florida. He died 8 years ago. My mother pay taxes on the land and wants the property placed in her name. How would she do this? Thanks

-Could you explain your situation a little more?


How was the land owned e.g. was your mother a co-owner. You will need to look at the deed to ascertain whether she owned the property with her husband.


Did the husband's estate go through probate ? Did husband have a will ?


Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My father died in 1997 without a will. My mom was appointed the exectrixes of the extate. I don't know if it went through probate. All other property & vechicles were placed in her name. She did nothing about the land in FL. She has the orginal administrator's deed giving the land to my father - her name is XXXXX XXXXX that form. Thanks


If your father had no other children from a prior marriage then under NJ rules of intestacy you mother is the rightful owner of the land in Florida. Florida laws prevent an out of State executor from transferring property in Florida. A Florida Probate Lawyer must be engaged to complete the transfer of property. This is probably why the transfer was not done previously.


If you found this answer useful please press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.


This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

Jack R. and 6 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you