How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Elder Your Own Question
John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
John Elder is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get a certified copy of the final distribution report

This answer was rated:

I need to get a certified copy of the final distribution report for the estate of my mother who died in 2005, she lived in Chicago Illinois.

Welcome! Thank you for your question.


You are going to need to go directly to the Cook County Clerk of Court to get that record. You can first check and see if you locate the record with the case number XXXXX searching the online database. Here is a link to the online database.


Once you locate the court records with a court file number or even if you cannot locate the record you are going to need to contact the Cook County Clerk of Court by phone to request the Certified copy of the probate file. It is public record so there will be no issue with the release of the file to you. You likely will have a pay a fee to receive a certified copy of the file. Here is a link to the Clerk of Probate court's contact information:




I cannot provide you with legal advise. I can provide you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you can find online, should not take the place of having a detailed consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.


Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you feel there is something more I could have done please do not rate me and click REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,



John Elder and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you