How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Estate Lawyer Your Own Question
Estate Lawyer
Estate Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 450
Experience:  Counselor at law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Estate Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

estate law: I am trying to fill out an Affidavit of Death

This answer was rated:

estate law: I am trying to fill out an Affidavit of Death of Joint Tenant for an elderly friend who's husband just died. Her home is located in Los Angeles County. The form has a part where you indicate the book and page number where the property is located, and below that, immediately after where the form says: "County of ___, State of California:" there is a big blank space (and then the form picks up again, stating, "That the value of all real and personal property..."); am I supposed to insert more information about the property in that blank space, such as the parcel number? Or should I write "see Exhibit A" and then attach what is exhibit A to the grant deed for the property? Or should I just leave that blank? Thanks for your help.

This is Bob here, Usually these affidavits have a space for the parcel number so if there is no indication of this on the form include this in the space. You would also be advised to include the full property address in this space if not otherwise included.

On reviewing my answer I ask you to kindly rate my response
as either GOOD or EXCELLENT that is either 4 or 5.

If you remain unclear or unsure at this stage or feel that a
rating of 4 or higher is undeserving please follow up with me and ask a further
question until you are satisfied.

My purpose is to offer an insight into the law governing
your question realizing that sometimes that my statement is not what a customer
wants to hear. You should seek further advice from a local attorney in relation
to this issue to ensure that your subsequent actions are being made in a fully
informed manner


Bob Esq

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

since the property is a condominium, and the deed describes a parcel 1 and parcel 2, and since the desription of parcel 2 is quite lengthy ("a
non-exclusive easement ..."), can I just put the street address of the
property in this blank space and/or "see exhibit A" and then attach
exhibit A of the deed, which describes parcel 1 and parcel 2? Thanks.

Thanks for following up .

The inclusion of the deed while perhaps unnecessary will suffice to ensure the proper execution of the affidavit.

Bob Esq

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I was frustrated by my experience with Just Answer, because the link for "reply to expert" was not working, even though I tried repeatedly to ask you the follow up question that apparently went through later in the day. I sent an email to Just Answer about it right away--that there was a technical problem, but did not get a response. I ended up deciding to pay We the People (a service for preparation of legal documents) to do the affidavit for me, since I couldn't ask my follow up question, since I did not know that my question to you had even gone through. Your service was good and I appreciate it, but due to the technical issues, I was not able to benefit from your help.

I am sorry to hear about the technical difficulties with the site. This does sometimes occur but is really quite seldom and should not occur again. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please let me know.

Thank You

Bob Esq

Estate Lawyer and 6 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you