How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2563
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

estate law How does one become the executor of an estate if

This answer was rated:

estate law
How does one become the executor of an estate if the deceased person has not appointed one? Who is the "next of kin"?

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Did the decedent even have a will or did the will simply not name an executor? Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The decedent did not leave a will. He only left a small bank account, a vehicle . We would like to cancel his credit card, phone service etc.
I'll opt out to allow a NH expert to help you with the small estate administration process in NH. Please do not respond to this as it will slow the process of the NH expert picking this up for you. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont know what i am supposed to do now. Am I supposed to wait and see if someone else can answer this? Perhaps I can fins the answer elsewhere? Would you be so kind as to suggest a place. I have another option for answer. Preferred this. Please let me know. Thank you.
Hi and Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you. I am happy to help you. A new expert here. If there was no will, then there would be an administrator of the estate. The person who would be the administrator would be the spouse, and if no spouse or the spouse waives the right, then one of the children. If not children then a parent. If no parent, then a sibling. And so on and so forth. If the estate is small enough, then you can request from the Court paperwork for a small estate administration. Note, that no real property can be owned by the decedent for a small estate administration. So, go to the county court were the decedent lived and request from the clerk the forms for a small estate administration if applicable. I hope this helps you. Regards, Damien
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2563
Experience: Helping you with your legal questions.
Damien Bosco and 8 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions