How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney at Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with experience in wills, estates and trusts
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bexar County (Texas) has guardianship of sister who has mental

This answer was rated:

Bexar County (Texas) has guardianship of sister who has mental retardation. I would like to take the responsibility of taking care of her and moving her to my home in Dallas. How to I gain guardianship of her?
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

You would file in the probate court in Bexar and ask the judge to make you the guardian.

Here is information (click on the link to watch the videos) and associated forms. The forms will be the same except for the county. However, the Bexar clerk of court should be able to provide you with the correct forms for that county.

This is a huge responsibility and you are to be complemented for being willing to take it on.
lwpat and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you