How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask zdnlaw Your Own Question
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
zdnlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the trustee of a GST. My health is declining. Can I transfer

This answer was rated:

I am the trustee of a GST. My health is declining. Can I transfer trusteeship to my wife?

Thank you for your question. Unless there are no specific limitations on who can serve as a trustee in the trust documents, then this should not be a problem. However, you will have to actually document the transfer. The transfer of title of trustee must be done through formal documentation and cannot be done through a simple power of attorney. However, it should not be a difficult or lengthy document and could be handled relatively quickly by your trust attorney.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter.

Best regards,
zdnlaw and 4 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions