Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

free link of power of attorney form in new jersey ?

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.

Link to free printable General Durable POA for NJ:
.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjudicialtitle.com%2Fword%2FNJ-POA-durable.doc&ei=e6FCUKzBLYn-8ATSjYFQ&usg=AFQjCNE0YNFPYG1zOD8wV56RRtiuZVDi7A&cad=rja
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
after i fill out the link and print it who should i send it to and i live in morris county rockaway nj
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.
You don't send it to anyone. You just give an executed and notarized copy to whoever it is that you are granting the POA to. Then they can act on your behalf by showing it at banks, financial institutions, etc.
.
Or in the reverse, the person granting you a POA fills it out, signs and has it notarized and then you can act on their behalf.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You just give an executed and notarized copy to whoever it is that you are granting the POA to

by this statement you mean lets say im the power of attorney and if a agencie doesnt believe me i could show them this power of attorney form

Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.
Correct. If you are the holder of the POA and it has been completed, signed and notarized by the person giving power over their affairs, you would just need to show it to the bank, for instance, and they would allow you to access the grantor of the POA's accounts.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

completed, signed and notarized by the person giving power over their affairs,

this statement also means completed signed and notarized by an attorney

Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.
No, no attorney is required. Only a notary public has to notarize the signature.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

and that is me yes or no

Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.
No, a notary is a person licensed by the state to act as an official witness to someone signing a legal document.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
like my bank right
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
?
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.
Typically most banks have someone there who is a notary.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,
.
I noticed that you have rated my service as "bad". Did you have further questions or is there anything I can clarify for you?
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.