RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

i believe that my mothers nursing home is practicing "chemical

i believe that my mother's nursing home is practicing "chemical restraint" and i want them to stop giving her a anti-psychotic drug called Abilify which turns her into a "zombie." I also know that it's not approved for dementia patients because of increased risk of death. they stopped for a few days at my request and she was perfectly normal (started talking, sense of humor, etc.) but less cooperative I guess so they started back up and she's a zombie again. how can i make them stop?
Thanks for your question and good evening.My sympathy for your dilemma.Certainly you have a right to complain here not only to the nursing home but the state as well so that they investigate this matter.The state may take action against the facility in this matter.

You should file a complaint with the state here about this situation.The contact numbers here are

404-657-5728 in Atlanta

Outside of Atlanta use

1-800-878-6442

You should also involve the nursing home Ombudsman.They represent residents and may also assist you in this matter.You can locate the ombudsman in your area here.

http://www.georgiaombudsman.org/location.asp

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.