How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney at Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with experience in wills, estates and trusts
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our mother named my sister and myself as successor trustees.

Resolved Question:

Our mother named my sister and myself as successor trustees. My sister was listed first, but does not want to assume responsibilities. I have agreed to serve as successor trustee, but the bank says that sister must resign as a successor trustee in order for me to assume responsibility for trust activities. How do we accomplish this? The trust is in CA. I live in CA. Sister lives in Idaho.

Thank you.!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
She can execute a form resigning as trustee and appointing you as the successor trustee. It should be witnessed and notarized just like a deed. Here are some sample forms
lwpat and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you