How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 20 years and College Professor for over 10 years
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is Wanda Paler, her father was diagnose with Alzimer.

Resolved Question:

My wife is Wanda Paler, her father was diagnose with Alzimer. He was a Puerto Rico resident at that time. His wife took him to new York and never heard of him until she called and told her he was sick in a nursing home.
So we My wife my two kids whent to Florida were she put him in a home.
A month after we visit him at the home, she gave my wife a check for 20,000 dolars.
A month later she called say he died.
He had a house in Puerto Rico, an appartment building in New York, a over 400,000 dolar certificates in an investment firm. A drug Store in New York and a few bak account in his name.
In accordance to his my Wife is one of his benificiaries.
Up to day, she hasn't made any contact what so ever of her father will. We understand she lives in Florida and up to day no wone has done any explanation of her father money. What is she supose to do with this family case?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

Hi Wife should file a petition for probate of the Will in NY since there is where he lived and also where the property is located. If his wife does not file, then your wife as a next-of-kin can file a probate petition. You can go to the website links below to download the forms if she wishes to attempt the process herself but I would strongly recommend that he hire an attorney in NY to probate the estate for her.

Daniel Solutions and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions