Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

in a coos county circuit court, oregon, mandatory arbitration…

Customer Question
in a coos county circuit...
in a coos county circuit court, oregon, mandatory arbitration hearing, pursuant to UTCR 13 and the local arbitration rules, the apposing did not serve lists of exhibits, or list of witnesses in the 14 day requierment. nor did either list have the required information as orderd by the arbitrator. can these exhibits still be enterd,do i have to file a formal motion to have them dismissed
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/16/2012
Estate Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Fran-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
yes, I am still waiting for an answer.
Estate Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Estate Lawyer: John Elder, Estate & Elder Law replied 6 years ago
John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Thank you for trusting Just Answer.

Sorry for a delay in response. You can file a motion to exclude the evidence (called "Motion in Limine"). The motion would be based on failure to comply with UTCR 13.

Here are some sample motions to exclude. None are exactly what you would file but good formats for a motion. You would base yours on the Civil Rule compliance not the other reasons of these motions:

http://www.millerandzois.com/samplemotions.html

I am cannot provide you with specific legal advise. I can provide you with general information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you can find online, should not take the place of having a detailed consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

I hope you find my response helpful, please click on the ACCEPT button or the :) BUTTON. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work assisting you. Clicking either button WILL NOT close your question. You can still ask, and I will respond, to follow-up questions if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required but they are appreciated!

When you review my initial response, please remember that I cannot guess what information you already know. I am answering the question(s) posed by you based upon my reading of your post and sometimes I can misunderstand or misinterpret your question. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please rephrase your specific question.

Sometimes the law does not support what you would like it to support. It is my job to give you an understanding of the state of the law, not just tell you what you want to hear. I ask that you respect that fact that you received an accurate account of the law by clicking Accept and giving me positive feedback.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more between my responses to your follow up questions because I may be helping other customers or have stepped away.

Finally, I appreciate repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with “Dear John…”

John Elder
John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law