Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

What if your married a lye......His Mommy already had a bride…

Customer Question
What if your married a...
What if your married a lye......His Mommy already had a bride cherry picked for him but he fell in love with me. He was just waiting for me to either die or for my parents to pass so he could profit. Now I figured out the scam and they all want to say I am crazy. We have a 18 month old baby. I thought he believed in GOD but that was also a scam. I feel so miss trusted. I have little money to spend on a lawyer and I am scared of the family and what they might do to me...I want to just get away
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/13/2012
Estate Lawyer: John Elder, Estate & Elder Law replied 6 years ago
John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Thank you for trusting Just Answer. I will answer as clearly as possible. I do ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

If you are afraid for your safety or the safety of your child then you need to get away and file for an protective order.

You certainly can get assistance through shelter programs and advocacy services that will help you get out and file the necessary legal work to terminate your marriage and deal with property division, custody and support issues.

Here is a website where you can get the support you need for free: http://www.dcadv.org/local-programs#local_shelter_support

I am cannot provide you with specific legal advise. I can provide you with general information about the law related to your inquiry. My answer, and any information that you can find online, should not take the place of having a detailed consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

I hope you find my response helpful, please click on the ACCEPT button. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work assisting you. Clicking Accept will not close your question. You can still ask, and I will respond, to follow-up questions if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required but they are appreciated!

When you review my initial response, please remember that I cannot guess what information you may already know unless you tell me. I am answering the question(s) posed by you based upon my reading of your post and sometimes I can misunderstand or misinterpret your question. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please rephrase your specific question.

Sometimes the law does not support what you would like it to support. It is my job to give you an understanding of the state of the law, not just tell you what you want to hear. I ask that you respect that fact that you received an accurate account of the law by clicking Accept and giving me positive feedback.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more between my responses to your follow up questions because I may be helping other customers or have stepped away.

Finally, I appreciate repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with “Dear John…”

John Elder
John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law