Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

When my parents died the family divided the assets including…

Customer Question
When my parents died the...
When my parents died the family divided the assets including heirlooms and family silver that were not included in the will and everybody was happy. Now 30years later some family members are trying to claim some of those assets. Do they have any legal claim?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/3/2012
Estate Lawyer: christhelawyer,
 replied 6 years ago
christhelawyer
Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer. It is far too late to do this. If they wanted to contest the wills they should have done so within 12 months of the deaths. 30 years is just silly and they should be told so.
christhelawyer
christhelawyer
christhelawyer