How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41518
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i find out if i have a trust fund

Resolved Question:

how can i find out if i have a trust fund
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question an good morning.

RayAnswers :

If you had a trust fund you would have been contacted by trustee and would have received end of year statements for tax purposes. If say there was an account in someone else's name here you would have to locate it from that person.There is no magical way to locate it here--try to contact whoever set it up.If it was in your name and social you would have been getting end of year reporting for IRS purposes.That would make me wonder if such an account exists since you have heard nothing.If you can give me more information here about who set it up I will respond to you.

RayAnswers :

You would be getting these every year by law

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.



Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.


RayAnswers and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you